An assortment of projects developing new open source technology related to virtualization and the cloud.
- KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V). Using KVM, one can run multiple virtual machines running unmodified Linux or Windows images.
- A stable, portable library to allow management of virtualization capabilities of modern operating systems, with a focus on Linux and KVM. Bindings project access from many programming languages. Addon agents provide access via CIM, SNMP and QMF.
- The "Virtual Machine Manager" application (virt-manager for short package name) is a desktop user interface for managing virtual machines. It presents a summary view of running domains, their live performance & resource utilization statistics. The detailed view graphs performance & utilization over time. Wizards enable the creation of new domains, and configuration & adjustment of a domain's resource allocation & virtual hardware. An embedded VNC client viewer presents a full graphical console to the guest domain.
- libguestfs is a set of tools for accessing and modifying virtual machine (VM) disk images. You can use this for viewing and editing files inside guests, scripting changes to VMs, monitoring disk used/free statistics, P2V, V2V, performing partial backups, cloning VMs, and much else besides.
- The Spice project aims to provide a complete open source solution for interaction with virtualized desktop devices. The main project focus is to provide high-quality remote access for KVM hosted virtual machines. Seeking to help break down the barriers to virtualization adoption by overcoming traditional desktop virtualization challenges, emphasizing user experience.
- A community project for virtualization infrastructure & management providing a small node through to a fully featured vitualization management platform
- Katello helps take control of your software and your systems in an easy-to-use and scalable manner. Offering a modern web user interface and API, Katello can pull content from remote repositories into isolated environments, make subscriptions management easier and provide provisioning at scale.
- Augeas is a configuration editing tool. It parses configuration files in their native formats and transforms them into a tree. Configuration changes are made by manipulating this tree and saving it back into native config files.
- FreeIPA is an integrated security information management solution combining Linux (Fedora), 389 (formerly known as Fedora Directory Server), MIT Kerberos, NTP, DNS. It consists of a web interface and command-line administration tools.